Cabo San Lucas Villas is uniting with Baja residents and urging everyone to assist Congresswoman Sonia Murillo Macias in passing an initiative to prohibit open pit gold mining in BCS. Once passed, the initiative would signify the denial of zoning permits for a proposed mining project of Concordia Gold Co. in Sierra de la Laguna Biosphere and a triumph for the citizens who have joined forces to oppose the project. Many who see the project as a direct threat to the water sources needed for tourism, organic farming, cattle, fishing, and other industries that employ over 70% of the Baja population.
Stop Concordia Gold from ruining the livelihood of an entire population and the beauty of our beloved home..
Help us protect the Sierra de la Laguna Biosphere by following these easy steps:Write to Congress and the officials at SERMARNAT, the Environmental Protection agency, to express your opposition to this project.
- Go to http://www.defiendelasierra.org/la-sierra/ique-puedes-hacer-tu.html
- Midway down the page you will find instruction for sending a letter to relevant public officials.
- 1. At point #1 copy the list of all the names and email addresses. Paste in the address section of your email.
- 2. Copy of your email to email@example.com so we can follow up on your letter.
- 3. Go to point #3. Copy the letter into the body of your email adding your name at the end of the letter and send out.
- 4. Forward this information on to others who oppose the Paredones Amarillos mining project.
We need your help to fund this protest. Find out how you can make a donation. Send your email to: info@VistaGoldNO.com
Want to learn more on open pit mining and the current status of the initiative? CLICK HERE